Modern cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles come with complex
technology such as digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers,
unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more
efficiently than models of years past. However, they eventually need to be
Before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service, do your homework so you receive the best possible service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
- Do not ignore any warning signals your car may give you.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give your mechanic.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Allow our experienced technicians to diagnose and recommend a remedy.
- It's important to note when the problem occurs. Is it constant or periodic? Does it occur when the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up? Does it happen at all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
Check for the following common vehicle maintenance issues on a regular basis:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, and vibrations.
- When did the problem first start?
How to manage your service experience:
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for an explanation in laymans terms if necessary.
- Don't rush the technicians. You may be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and cost before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Make sure the shop has your contact information readily available, so you can be reached as soon as possible.
Discover More About Appointments and Repair Services At Das Performance in Fredericksburg
Ask The Mechanic
Auto Repair Near Lake of the Woods
Great shop, nice guys. Got my HPDE inspection done quickly and thoroughly.
I took my European vehicle to them for the first time several months ago & they did a major job: replaced the water pump, "programed" a new battery someone else installed in my vehicle & checked the car overall. A few months have passed and my vehicle runs like new! My most recent visit a couple days ago from the time of this post was for an oil change. I was pleasantly surprised that they gave me a $25 discount on the oil change! According to their website, they are partners with several companies/groups. I found them on Beemer World. Let's just say, I'm planning to take another car to them to have a check engine light diagnostic test performed. I will let you know how that works out!
Top-notch shop. Top-notch service. Respectful and knowledgeable. I couldn't ask for anything better.